Monday, November 5, 2007

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Lines

October was a great movie month for me. I saw/rented a lot of great flicks. Rather than bore you with a detailed review of each, I've decided to provide a one sentence review of the movie in the form of a revised tag line

1) Planet Terror



Official Tag Line:
"Fully Loaded!"

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Line:
"Half-naked chicks, bad-ass dudes, flesh-eating zombies and a dude who collects testicles in a ziplock bag... Truly, the 'feel-good' movie of the year!"



Mr. TWIT's rating (out of 4 stars): ***1/2



2) Gone Baby Gone


Official Tag Line:
"Everyone Wants The Truth... Until They Find It."

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Line:
"Come to Boston... get kidnapped by hairlipped pedophiles!"



Mr. TWIT's rating (out of 4 stars): ****

3) Breach


Official Tag Line:
"How one man betrayed the security of a nation."

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Line:
"Watch Chris Cooper and Laura Linney compete in the 'Who's more scary' contest! If they mated, their baby would be just like that British chef who yells at people."




Mr. TWIT's rating (out of 4 stars) : ***

4) Little Children


Official Tag Line:
"Let the little children come onto me."

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Line:
"Wow, man... white people sure are creepy..."



Mr. TWIT's rating (out of 4 stars): ***

5) Transformers


Official Tag Line:
"Thier war. Our world."

Mr. TWIT's Alternate Tag Line:
"How can a movie look this great and suck so bad at the same time?"



Mr. TWIT's rating (out of 4 stars): **1/2

PS: I'm totally super excited about the Joss Whedon/Eliza Dusku TV Show. Tim Minear is also involved, so great! To bad it's on Fox. (they're gonna cancel after the first show) Can't we just give Joss Whedon his own network already?

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I can't remember how the book Little Children. I think because it was creepy I blocked it out. Self preservation.

Anonymous said...

I like it when you write the long boring ones (for the good or otherwise exceptional movies anyways).

I second the Joss and his own network thing. I wonder if he would be on strike....

Teresa said...

Joss said the strike was needed, and should take as long as necessary and that he would be walking the picket lines.
So I think that is why there was no time line given as to when we would see Dollhouse on air.

Anonymous said...

I think traveling to wherever Joss is striking would be the perfect way to meet him.

Road Trip anyone? We can just skip Christmas. It'll be fun.

Jenni said...

Nice summary, Mr. Twit. Love the alternative tag lines. Haven't seen a single one of these films. Last movie I saw was Driving Lessons (bizarre). Last tv show: Dead Like Me (very good).

This writer's strike, which doesn't affect me, by the way, is annoying. It's gaining high levels of media coverage when it's all about money. There are more important things going on in the world, right? Sigh.

Mr. Twit, could we have a preview of holiday films? The good, bad, ugly and freaky white people?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Twit,
Planet Terror, one of my current favorites......yet I am concerned. While discussing with an acquataintance, I was accused of supporting gratuitous violence and cinema of no value or redeeming social quality. Mr. Twit, please reassure me that movies can still be enjoyable just because they are enjoyable....I mean heck.....it was a ZOMBIE movie, not a treatise on some social more or a documentary on some obscure psycological phenomena. Say it aint so Mr. Twit!!!

Anomonously Signed,
Overweight, Past Middle Aged, White Woman hoping there is still fun in life regardless of where you live (aka tsdmom-edf)